Screen Doctor Patio Covers
PATIO COVERS & ENCLOSURES in Hurricane Utah
Perhaps, your home already has a stone or brick patio, or an outdoor deck, and you use and enjoy it regularly; but in order to get fuller use out of your patio/deck, you are considering putting up a patio cover or creating a screen room, sun room, or other enclosure.
At Screen Doctor, we can not only install a new patio or deck, or extend existing ones, but we can also transform all or part of your outdoor patio/deck into a haven from the wind, rain, and hot Southern Utah sun. We can create an outdoor space with full or partial shade and rain protection, and we can customize it according to your exact specifications.
To learn more or for a free, no-obligation consultation and estimate on your upcoming patio cover or enclosure project, call Screen Doctor today at
Make an enquiry
Screen Doctor Patio Covers
Why Invest in a Patio Cover or Outdoor Enclosure?
A natural stone or brick patio is a major improvement to your home’s outdoor space to begin with, but even in Hurricane Utah, there are days when inclement weather would prevent you from using it. And adding full or partial shade makes your patio or decking more pleasant to use even on “fair weather days.”
There are many important benefits to adding a patio cover/enclosure to your home, including these:
- You increase the amount of your outdoor living space that can be used in almost all Hurricane Utah weather situations. Thus, you get more use out of your patio or outdoor deck space and don’t have to cancel planned events due to foul weather.
- You add value to your home and can expect a high return on investment if/when you go to resell. And a patio cover/enclosure may also speed up the sale of your for-sale home.
- A patio cover or enclosure will protect your patio or wood deck from exposure to the elements, thus reducing maintenance costs and extending the life of your patio/deck. That saves you money in the long run.
- Your outdoor furniture will also be better protected from moisture, wind-blown dust, and UV rays. This can reduce “furniture fade” and make the furniture last longer.
- A patio cover or enclosure adjacent to a wall of your house with exterior windows can reduce how much heat is getting into your home through those windows, and reduce your energy bill.
- A cover/enclosure will also provide a good place to grow outdoor potted plants and a suitable location for nursing your garden plants in their earliest weeks before transplanting them.
- An outdoor patio cover or partial/full enclosure typically costs much less than a room addition or remodeling unused indoor space in the attic or basement. And yet, it can add what almost amounts to a whole new “room” to your home.
Thus, the reasons for adding a patio cover/enclosure may vary and the possible benefits are wide-ranging. At Screen Doctor Patio Cover, we can ensure your new outdoor structure will be all you had envisioned it to be and serve well all the functions have planned for it.
The Process of Installing a New Patio Cover or Enclosure
Handle All Your Needs
At Screen Doctor, we can handle your patio cover/outdoor enclosure project from start to finish. That begins with listening to you and your plans and “catching your vision” for your new outdoor structure.
We have the Eperience
We then give you the benefit of our time-tested, experienced advice to help you hone or adjust your project’s plans if you feel it’s necessary to accomplish specific results or to bring down project costs.
Getting Accurate Estimates
At that point, we will take all the measurements on-site, give you all the information you need for material selection, crunch the numbers, and give you a more detailed estimate than the initial over the phone estimate. The design features and plans will be brought down to the minute level at this point, and we will schedule a time to get started on your project without delay.
Installing the Patio Cover
We know how to install attached patio covers, step by step, from beginning to end. We will prep the part of the house roof line it will attach to, frame out the joists, properly and firmly place the support posts (if any are necessary), finish the upper and under sides of the patio cover, and add in features like ceiling fans, lighting fixtures, inter-post railings, and more.
Solid workmanship and end result.
We will normally complete the project somewhere in the range of one day to one week, though this varies of course with the size and complexity of the project. Rest assured we have a strong work ethic and will work diligently on your project to completion. We will put solid workmanship into every aspect and every detail of the project and will back that up with a valuable warranty.
Types of Patio Covers to Choose From
Screen Doctor Patio Covers
Your new patio cover can be attached to your house, shading a house-adjacent patio area. Or, it can be free-standing, covering a detached patio. It doesn’t really matter whether your patio is made of stone pavers, naturally shaped stones, brick, concrete, stamped concrete, or something else, we can erect a covering over it that will be sturdy and durable.
The size and dimensions of your patio cover can be virtually anything you desire, given enough support posts and a solid enough footing is provided for it. You may want only a small square, a large rectangle, an L or U shape, or another design. We at Screen Doctor have the experience and creativity it takes to make any patio cover idea become reality.
We can also help you in selecting the highest quality of materials and use the best methods of structural engineering that will keep your patio cover strong and fully functional for many years to come.
The three most common types of patio covers that we at Screen Docotr Patio Cover typically install are as follows:
- Solid Wood: A solid wood patio cover will provide full shade and full rain protection. It will generally have its rafters secured to a fascia board or directly over the outer surface of an exterior wall. Plywood will then cover the rafters, and shingle roofing may be installed on top. The underside can be covered with aluminum soffit panels, decorative wood, or another material as desired. The cover will often be equipped with gutters and downspouts and in-ceiling light fixtures, and will be supported by two or more firmly grounded posts.
- Pergolas: For partial shade and shelter and a very modern, stylish look, consider using a pergola as your patio cover. The rafters of a pergola will be angled and uncovered (no plywood or roofing on top or ceiling underneath). Some pergolas are arched as well, but others are straight-run. You can attach the pergola to your fascia board like a solid wood patio cover, but many times, a pergola will be freestanding even if built near to your house.
- Glass Covers: A glass patio cover will involve glass panels that are fitted into slots in a wood or aluminum patio cover frame. The inter-rafter gaps will be larger than with other patio covers so that the maximum amount of light can stream in through the glass paneling. The glass will usually have a film to screen out harmful UV light and to cut down on glare. The glass panels may also be tinted to add yet further style.
Why Choose Us
Hurricane Ut Patio Covers
Why Choose Screen Doctor to Install Your Patio Cover or Enclosure?
We at Screen Doctor realize that there are many options to the home owner in regard to patio covers/enclosures and all other aspects of home remodeling. We do not take our clients for granted, but work to be their truly best choice, always making 100% customer satisfaction our goal.
To verify we routinely meet that customer-satisfaction goal, check out our online reviews on Google and elsewhere, and talk to our past clients or view examples of our work. We are confident we can satisfy our new customers as well as we have our past ones.
Screen Doctor can handle all aspects of your patio cover or outdoor enclosure project. You do not need to juggle multiple contractors, complicating matters, slowing things down, and adding extra expense.
We give you top tier workmanship at an affordable rate and done in as little time as possible without compromising quality to the least degree. We give you a valuable warranty to back that claim up.
Screen Doctor we are fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and we always put safety first in every project we undertake. We will work so as to minimize any disruption to your daily routine and will always clean up the job site at day’s end and at project’s end.
And we also will communicate with you throughout the patio cover or outdoor enclosure installation process. If you have any questions or concerns about the project or need to make any changes of plans, we will be responsive and give you the best of customer service Service in Southern Utah.
1501 S 325 W, Hurricane, UT 84737
Phone : (435) 669-7842
Email : Screendoctor@gmail.com
MON-FRI 8:00am – 7:00pm